For an applicant to be eligible for funding, it must satisfy the Eligibility Requirements as stated in section 3 of the Program Guide.
While all applications meeting the program eligibility criteria given below will be considered, the Program is encouraging applications that are:
- Deploying on-road class 3 and 5 vehicles; or
- Deploying locomotives, marine vessels, aircraft, and off-road vehicles or equipment; or
- Located in Nechako and Northeast economic regions of British Columbia.
If a proposed pilot project exceeds 30 total vehicles, please contact the program administration to discuss eligibility.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Program support is available to eligible public and private fleets.
- The primary applicant must be a business, not-for-profit, local government, Indigenous government, or public sector organization located and operating in B.C. (excluding Provincial Ministries and Crowns, but including non-core entities, e.g. health authorities, school districts, etc.).
- The purchaser/lessee of the vehicle technology must be the primary applicant for any CVP Program applications.
- All businesses must be licensed to operate in British Columbia. When submitting an application to the CVP Program, a copy of a valid B.C. business license must be provided, if applicable.
- Consortiums are welcome to apply as long as the purchaser/lessee of the vehicle and infrastructure technology is the primary applicant.
Vehicle Eligibility Requirements
Supporting Infrastructure Requirements
Electric and Hydrogen Infrastructure:
New: Applications with unique charging (≥200kW per charging station) or refuelling infrastructure that can support a minimum of four Class 3-8 on-road and/or off-road ZEVs charging simultaneously, may be eligible to increase the infrastructure funding share limit from 33% to 50%. The maximum funding contribution per project that meets these criteria is set at $10 million.